Employee Training Creates Continuous Improvement CultureSurface Transport & Logistics
An organization that pioneered barcoding, wireless, and portable data terminals (PDT) technology wanted to create a culture of continuous improvement and improve employee training. Implemented an existing Learning and Development platform to enable leadership teams the ability to align individual employee goals with the organization’s strategic goals. This was achieved through instructional design, training, delivery. and employee development.
Increase retention of existing employees and attract new high-quality talent. Provide an opportunity for employees to develop their individual skill-sets to maintain an innovative and competitive edge to new technology and ideas. Maintain a dominant presence in the market space with talented employees executing to the corporate vision.
- Create a training platform, driven by a Learning Management System (LMS), to interface with every facet of the business.
- Measure employee performance and manage accountability.
- Develop world-class gamification learning modules and incorporate into a companywide certification infrastructure that supports a “Pay for Skills” human resource platform.
Utilizing effective instructional design methods, fostered an environment of continual education and employee training. Developed concise accountability standards. The initiative created a company-wide atmosphere of continuous improvement, learning, and high performing employees.
- 96.7% overall employee retention
- 98.3% employee enrollment in continuing education
- 17% increase in company profitability
- 13% increase in design implementation