Improved employee training process and system now meets requirement and tracks ROISurface Transport & Logistics
A military defense contractor is required by US government contracts to conduct specific compliance and skills training for employees. Failure to maintain compliance training could result in a loss of multi-million dollar contracts, loss revenue, and significant fines. Optimizing the employee training process is critical to the organization’s operations.
The delivery process and timeliness of employee training required by government requirements was inefficient and slow. The training team had limited accessibility to employees in the field. The Learning Management System (LMS) was significantly under-utilized. Learning and development authoring tools, reporting functionality, and determination of training ROI was non-existent.
It’s important to first identify the specific training needs as well as gaps and resource deficiencies. Therefore, the learning and development team conducted a thorough training needs assessment. Next, develop strategic goals and objectives for learning and development efforts.
- Create a training requirements package to maximize the use of the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Institute the RTG Management System to create accountabilities and cadence of project management efforts.
- Establish measurable KPI’s to evaluate training performance and employee retention.
- Develop a platform for SCORM compliance in accordance with ATD and FAA government compliance and regulation.
- Implemented LMS and authored content to streamline for ease of access and flexibility.
- Eliminated previous use of external drop files.
- Training is now fully accessible to all employees.
- Developed reports with measurable data that includes training completion, time to complete, content retention, and training development ROI.